Friday, September 25, 2009

How time flies

Wow, has it been a week since I've blogged?! I can't believe how time flies. I was so diligent when I first began to blog. Now this lapse. I must recommit to my blog.

Yesterday I had my second colonic. Because I've been doing a juice fast for the last 4 days, and because I've been a vegan for years, my colon is actually in better shape than most. My practitioner was able to work on the entire transverse segment and secum. She said that with some people it takes several sessions before this is accomplished. I'm hoping that next week, we'll work on the ascending section of the large intestines.

Even without treating this last segment, I feel very clean, light, expansive, energized.

Or do these feelings come from my juice cleanse. I started on Monday and have done it for 5 straight days. Hunger has been nonexistent, even from the first day. I'm guessing that eating raw before this fast probably helped. I have to encourage myself to drink more and I think my overall caloric intake is quite low. I didn't intend to fast, just to cleanse.

Believe it or not, I've been reading and researching raw recipes even though I'm not eating. I'm looking forward to preparing new dishes. I plan to break the cleanse Monday evening (or Tuesday morning). Monday is a fast day in the Jewish tradition, and I plan to fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment