Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Raw Juice Experience

Ever since I announced to friends and family that I would do a raw juice food plan, they asked how I felt. Candidly, I didn't notice a difference. I think that was because I had been eating "clean" for so long. It wasn't much of a change to my system.

Yet, I did notice a difference when I resumed eating whole raw food. I could feel a slight heaviness in my stomach as it geared up to digest the simple banana and apple I ate. Happily I didn't take in anything too taxing. The next item I tried was a green smoothie: kale and pear combo.

The next day, I did a complete fast (in honor of the Jewish holiday of Yom Kippur). I broke the fast with garden fresh tomatoes and an apple.

Yesterday I did introduce more foods including some raw cashews, more kale, more fruit. What I'm noticing is that my bowels are sluggish. Thank goodness I have my last colonic scheduled for tomorrow! I want to stay clean, clean, clean.

Sadly I'm probably not drinking enough water. I just don't think to drink. I'll have to fill a liter container and put it directly in my line of vision as a reminder to take sips throughout the day. Hopefully that will increase my fluid intake.

Today I'll stick to a gentle eating plan, more kale, fruit, probably a few nuts and seeds too.

No comments:

Post a Comment